ONLINE DISPUTES RESOLUTION
TO SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF ONLINE COSTUMERS IN FAIR AND EFFECTIVE WAY, WITHOUT GOING TO COURT
If you have problem or services purchased online, you can use the platform made available by the European Commission to file a complaint and fins a solution from an independent dispute resolution .
Consumer protection legislation in the EU ensures that everyone has the right to be treated fairly when purchasing goods and services online or offline.
European legislation ensures consumers:
- fair treatment
- products that meet acceptable standards
- the right of appeal in case of problems
Before filing a complaint with a merchant, it can be helpful to learn more about your rights, so that you know the rights and remedies that apply to your situation.
Many organisations across the EU can provide useful information on consumer rights. If you have a problem with purchasing products or services from a merchant based in another EU country, you can contact your European Consumer Center (ECC) free of charge.
EUROPEAN CONSUMER CENTERS CAN
- provide advice on your consumer rights
- help you resolve a dispute with a trader based in EU country, Iceland or Norway, without going to court
- advise you to contact another interlocutor, if they cannot help you